JACIE is near to completing the process for conducting remote assessments. This change presents challenges but it will help minimize the risk of further delays in the accreditation process while protecting the safety and health of inspectors and centres. The main actions taken include:
- Eligible centres - given the limitations of the remote format, only reaccreditation inspections will be performed remotely. First-time inspections will be scheduled for on-site visits as soon as circumstances permit.
- Establish the scope of the inspection – a small number of pilot inspections will be performed in the coming weeks to test the feasibility of performing a full inspection remotely. Depending on the outcome of the pilot processes, the scope for the rest of the inspections will be established. From there we will start to approach the other centres to request their participation along with the inspection teams. Centres will be asked to agree to this format before proceeding.
- Format - the process will be largely based on a document review by the inspectors and then a series of online interactions via video-conferencing according to a pre-defined schedule.
- Outcome for applicant centres - The certificates will state that the accreditation was based on a remote inspection.
- Communications – we will be contacting those centres who were already scheduled for an on-site inspection.
- Technology – Microsoft Teams is being set up a platform to support the process. User licences will be prepared by JACIE for inspectors and centres. Centres will be assessed to establish that they can used this technology e.g. file-sharing, video-conferencing.
- Documents - a list of documents to be provided by the centre in advance has been prepared. There may be some additional documents not already requested from the applicants. Where documents have already been submitted, those documents that have since been updated should be provided.
- Guideline(s) to explain the remote assessment process step-by-step.
- Training – webinars will prepare users in the new format and tools.
For any questions, please write to email@example.com