Full name of the Institution
The European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
Tax identification numbers
RSIN Foundation: 814370822
RSIN Association: 804217257
Contact details in The Netherlands
Rijnsburgerweg 10, 2333 AA. Leiden, The Netherlands
phone number: +31 71 526 1444
- President: Nicolaus Kröger
- Secretary: Rafael Duarte
- Treasurer: Harry Dolstra
The policy and remuneration policy
The Board is the administrative body of the EBMT. It is responsible for all running operations and decisions that are not due to be taken by the General Assembly (see below). The Board consists of the President, the President-Elect, the Secretary, the Treasurer, the President of the division EBMT Nurses Group and four members elected by and from the Scientific Council. The President of the forthcoming EBMT Annual Meeting is elected onto the Board for the year preceding the annual meeting as a non-voting member. Decisions are taken by majority voting. The President has the deciding vote if the vote is otherwise tied. The Members of the Board will receive no remuneration for their work, unless the Genera Assembly Meeting decides otherwise at the time of appointment. Any expenses incurred will be reimbursed in consultation with the Board.
Please refer to the EBMT Foundation Constitution and EBMT Association Constitution and EBMT bylaws to more details on the EBMT Policy.
The target of the EBMT is well defined in the association’s Mission and Vision:
To save lives of patients with blood cancers and other life-threatening diseases by advancing the fields of blood and marrow transplantation and cell therapy worldwide through science, education and advocacy.
- Enhancing the scientific output of the organisation through strong support for the working parties activities to exploit the potential of the registry, and continue generating high quality retrospective and prospective data both in the autologous and allogeneic settings;
- Collaborating with the different disease-oriented cooperative groups
- Widening the scope of the Annual Meeting through the incorporation of high level basic and translational research sessions
- Developing a broad annual education and events agenda in order to address more focused research and clinical trials
- Advocating for patients before the health authorities in order to maintain a high standard of care and high quality research
Report of our activities and financial report
For this information, please refer to the Annual Report.