The Research Committee is a group of clinical nurse and research specialists working to develop research projects, promote awareness of research activities, and facilitate/support active participation in research by EBMT-NG members. The Research Committee has established itself with a number of projects, presentations, and publications.
Examples of completed activities include a programme of work looking at adherence to oral medication, management of oral mucositis and a survey of guidelines for management of CVCs. Current research projects the NG-Research Committee are focusing on include:
- Management of related donors including ethical issues
- The management of ATG administration in JACIE-accredited centres
- Sexuality issues in stem cell transplant recipients and their partners
- Risk of infectious complications in adult patients after HSCT depending on the site of CVC insertion. Multi centre retrospective study in collaboration with the IDWP
- The role of nursing in the care of patient’s skin with cutaneous chronic Graft versus Host Disease (ccGvHD) post allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)
- Infection prevention and control nursing practice and training needs assessment in BMT units in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs) – A cross sectional survey In collaboration with Global Education Committee and IDWP
- Variability of Nutritional Practices in Peritransplant Period after Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: A Survey by the Transplant Complications Working Party of the EBMT. In collaboration with TCWP.
Nurses Group Research Team
- To lead on and coordinate the development of nursing research within BMT/SCT.
- To support members in developing their own research.
- To increase capacity for research within NG members.
- Develop research protocols within the committee.
- Support Members to develop approved protocols.
- Collaborate with EBMT WPs to provide nursing input to their studies and liaise with them for relevant NG studies.
- Publish and present results of completed work.
- Provide research knowledge through education and presentations to NG members.
- Review capacity for nursing fields within MED A/B data collection forms to facilitate more effective processes for future research
- Increased collaboration with Pharma companies
- Link nurse for each EBMT WP to work as part of the RC
- Nurses Handbook app
- Survey on safe transfer of patients from BMT to ICU in collaboration with the Paediatric Nurses Committee.
If you would like to become involved in the research activities of the group, or if you have ideas for future projects, please click to access the one-page proposal form and contact one of the group members. The NG Research Committee will recruit individuals for specific projects and is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues with whom to collaborate.
Please contact the Research Committee if you require help completing this form.