The Paediatric Nurses Committee was established in 2008 within the Nurses Group of the EBMT. The committee is dedicated to improving the care of paediatric and adolescent haematology and stem cell transplantation patients.
Nurses Group Paediatric Team
To promote, develop and share knowledge and experience between the paediatric nurses throughout Europe, developing countries and within the EBMT.
- Prepare and conduct the paediatric session at the EBMT Annual Meeting.
- Collaborate closely with the Paediatric Diseases Working Party on the annual Paediatric Meeting and Training Course for Paediatricians and Paediatric Nurses on HSCT.
- Encourage networking among European nurses.
- Collaboration in the Outreach Program.
- Survey on safe transfer of patients from BMT to ICU: in collaboration with the Nurses Research Committee.
- Upcoming study in Palliative care: 2-part survey to determine what palliative services are currently available for children undergoing HSCT and what palliative care services staff feel should be offered.
If you would like to become involved in the activities of the group, or if you have ideas for future projects or other queries, please contact the Chair at email@example.com. Please also download the letter below, containing a call to identify a contact person in every Paediatric HSCT Centre.