Activity report 2022 of the Pharmacists Committee
Activity Report 2022
The pharmacist has become an integral member of the multidisciplinary stem cell transplantation team. The EBMT Pharmacist Committee has been established to structure and develop scientific and educational activities designed for pharmacists and clinical pharmacologists involved in the field of stem cell transplantation and cellular therapy. Our current committee has 9 members from 8 EBMT member countries.
For 2022, some of our key achievements are summarised below:
- Delivered a successful EBMT 2022 Pharmacists day covering the topics of pharmacotherapy, supportive care and pharmaceutical research. Delivered a session on therapeutic drug monitoring as part of the Trainee Day.
- Presented the results of our EBMT-wide survey on the Role and competencies of the EBMT clinical pharmacists and clinical pharmacologists at the 48th Annual Meeting of the EBMT. Have also submitted for publication.
- Launched a new communication forum for clinical pharmacists and pharmacologists on Linkedin with almost 50 members now signed up.
- Prepared a wide-ranging programme of sessions for the Pharmacists Day at the 49th Annual Meeting of the EBMT (2023) and worked with the EBMT Nurses Group to arrange the first collaborative pharmacy/nursing session which will take place at the 49th Annual Meeting of the EBMT.
- Started a collaboration with the ASTCT pharmacy education committee to develop a programme of educational initiatives focussing on busulfan.
- Continued to participate in the GoCART Pharmacists working committee who have recently produced Guidance for Hospital Pharmacy on the Implementation and Operational Management of Marketed CAR-T Cell Therapy – submitted for publication.