Activity report 2021 of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
EBMT takes its approach to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion seriously. We believe that improving good practice in these areas is key to unlocking the potential contributions to our work of all our Members and staff and, most important, critical to our wider work challenging health inequalities in patient care.
Activity Report 2021
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) committee is a brand new EBMT committee, only created in June 2021. In spite of this, the EDI Working Group, with the advice of an external consultant, has been very active prior to the formal constitution of the committee, resulting in a number of significant achievements.
- EDI has been a recurrent topic for discussion in the EBMT Executive Committee (ExCom), Board of Association (BoA) and Scientific Council (SC) meetings since 2018
- An internal taskforce, which is chaired by the EBMT Executive Director, has been established with a mandate to produce and implement the EDI policy
- The EDI Working Group developed an EDI Action Plan which has been approved by the EBMT BoA
- The review of the EBMT by-laws to update them in line with good practice has recently been agreed
- A special session focussed on EDI and health disparities is now an integral part of the EBMT Annual Meeting programme
- The first quantitative and qualitative surveys asking membership and staff their views on EDI were launched in 2020 and were presented at the 2021 EBMT Annual Meeting