The Statistical Committee is an advisory committee to other EBMT committees as well as the EBMT Board and EBMT Management. Members are EBMT and non-EBMT investigators with interest, skills and experience in methodology of clinical research (including data management), willing to contribute on a voluntary basis to its activities.
Statistical Committee Team
- To serve as a meeting place for all investigators involved in EBMT research or interested in SCT-related research, to exchange views and knowledge and to promote and develop methodological activities.
- To give advice to EBMT statisticians on statistical methods to be applied in EBMT studies, in order to promote unification of approaches within EBMT as well as a uniform high level with respect to methodology being used and published in peer reviewed journals
- To advise the Board or other EBMT committees on queries about methodological issues concerning both the Registry and the Clinical Trials Office
- To promote the participation of researchers external to the EBMT society and staff to the methodological activities of the EBMT, creating and developing collaborations in the fields of interest of EBMT
- To divulge novel statistical tools useful in the field of SCT and to promote education in methodology in the EBMT scientific community
- To indicate the need, and to promote the development, of new and more appropriate statistical methods in SCT research.
- Organization of the annual Statistical Events during the EBMT meeting
- Organization of the Annual Statistics Courses
- Writing of Guidelines for statistical analysis of transplant data
- Protocol review for the Clinical Trials Office
- Active participation in the process of choosing and enhancing EBMT data management systems to safeguard their usefulness for statistical analyses
Two or three meetings are held each year, teleconferences are organized on a regular basis, and emails are exchanged regularly.
The statistical committee reports to the EBMT board every 2 years.