The following fees were approved by the EBMT Board on 12 January, 2019 and became effective from Wednesday, 1 May, 2019.
Centres are reminded that a discount continues to be available for centres providing 1 or more active inspectors with 15% for one and 20% for 2 or more.
|Inspection fees per area *||full fees||fees for ebmt members|
Supplementary fee per additional Clinical, Collection, and/or Processing sites and for including administration of Immune Effector Cells within the scope of the accreditation+
|Discount per active inspector €||
15% - 1 active inspector
|15% - 1 active inspector
20% - > 1 active inspector
one (1) adult OR one (1) paediatric clinical site/unit
one (1) collection site for marrow #
one (1) for collection site for peripheral blood progenitor cells (apheresis)
one (1) cell-processing laboratory
$ Where an application includes a clinical unit that is a member of the EBMT, a 50% discount is applied to the Full Fees. For information on EBMT membership, please go to the Become a Member page. EBMT member centres should be up-to-date with their membership payments to the society at the time of application for accreditation.
Applications that do not include a clinical unit, e.g. Collection and Processing service, will be charged at the EBMT Member Fees rate.
- Application with Clinical, Collection, Processing - Clinical Unit, not EBMT member = €32,120
- Application with Clinical, Collection, Processing - Clinical Unit, is EBMT member = €16,060
- Application with Clinical, Collection, Processing - Clinical Unit, administration of Immune Effector Cells, is EBMT member = €18,260
- Application with Collection, Processing excluding Clinical Unit - €13,398
+ Supplementary Fee
Additional sites are considered to be where the application includes:
- a clinical site transplanting both adult and paediatric patients
- administration of Immune Effector Cells
- more than one (1) adult inpatient clinical site
- more than one (1) paediatric inpatient clinical site
- more than one (1) peripheral blood collection site
- more than one (1) bone marrow collection site
- more than one (1) cell processing laboratory
€ Discount scheme for Active Inspectors
The discount scheme is designed to compensate centres that actively support the accreditation programme by releasing staff members to participate in inspections. This willingness to share the effort has been and remains one of the fundamental factors for sustaining the success of the JACIE programme.
Applications from centres whose staff members have participated in an inspection event(s) in the 4 years preceding submission of the new application will qualify for a discount of 15% per event. Where the centre has more than one active inspector, a maximum discount of 20% applies.
The discount scheme is designed to compensate centres that actively support the accreditation programme by releasing staff members to participate in inspections. This willingness to share the effort has been and remains one of the fundamental factors for sustaining the success of the JACIE programme. For further details, please consult the Accreditation Office.
# Applications for accreditation of bone marrow collection will incur no charge when they form part of a simultaneous application for clinical accreditation. Where an application is received for bone marrow collection with no associated clinical inspection, or with an apheresis and/or processing unit, then a fee will be charged.
Value Added Tax
The JACIE Office is located in Barcelona, Spain and falls under the EBMT's Spanish fiscal identity.
- Applications from Spanish centres - VAT charged at 21%.
- Applications from other EU Member States - EU Reverse charges arrangement applies
- Applications from outside the EU - no Value Added Tax (VAT) charged
See here for full details of EBMT's legal and fiscal registration.
Fee income is used as follows:
- Maintenance of the JACIE team, office and systems
- Payment of inspection costs - travel, subsistence, accomodation and per-diem.
- Payment of expenses related to governance through the JACIE Committeess - Accreditation, Quality Managers, Inspectors and JACIE Committee (oversight)
- Support development of outcome benchmarking mechanism
- Support Standards development
- Training and education
- Process improvement
The 2019 increase was the fourth JACIE fee increase since 1 January, 2009. The previous increase was in April 2017.
JACIE is run on a not-for-profit basis in line with the EBMT mission and values.