Information on the Nordic Forum Group and meetings are published on the website: http://www.nordicforum.blogspot.com
The European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation Nordic Forum Nurses Group consists of nurses from the Scandinavian countries working in Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT). Nurses from Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland formed the group in 1996 and were later joined by nurses from Iceland. The group became a national forum group of the EBMT Nurses Group in 2009/2010. The official language of the EBMT Nordic Forum Group NG is English.
The aims of the group include:
- Improving and developing the quality of nursing for patients undergoing HSCT
- Improving communication and cooperation between transplant centres in Scandinavia
- Studying, developing and exchanging knowledge, experience and ideas within Scandinavia
- Carrying out, coordinating and supporting development projects and research work concerning nursing care for patients undergoing HSCT
- Developing nursing care in cooperation with the EBMT Nurses Group