The EBMT is very happy to announce the upcoming 5th Educational Course of the Paediatric Disease Working Party on " Sickle Cell Disease".
Sickle cell disease (SCD) is now recognized by the UN and WHO as a global health problem. It is predicted that the number of babies born each year will increase to over 400,000 by 2050.
The meeting on sickle cell disease is going into its 5th round, being held in Regensburg, Germany. It was inaugurated to focus particularly on the cutting-edge curative options for this disease.
This year for the first time the meeting was ‘adopted’ from the Paediatric Diseases Working Party of the EBMT as its annually educational symposium in 2019.
Sickle Cell Disease, what are the curative options? The meeting is scheduled for May 16th and 17th, 2019 and will take place at the Thon - Dittmer Palais and the Kaisersaal, both situated in the heart of medival Regensburg, a UNESCO world heritage, within easy reach via Munich airport and well connected by train.
The faculty includes over 20 experts and represents the leaders in their respective fields.
The program will cover all relevant topics including modern conventional therapies, haploidentical stem cell transplantation and the diverse gene therapeutic options available today. Most importantly, representatives of developing countries and countries with a significant prevalence will enrich the meeting with their expertise. Round table discussion will allow a strong interaction between the audience and the speakers focusing on critical topics with regard to SCD. Our aim is to present state-of-the-art science but also to enable informal interaction and ample discussions with the young physicians.
An educational program for nurses, dieticians and psychologists will accompany this meeting, focusing on SCD specific topics around the care of this utmost challenging disease.
This event offers excellent opportunities to make new contacts with key players in the field as we expect to have over 150 professionals from both public and private centers across the world.
Apart from networking with expert physicians and other health care providers, you will be able to demonstrate your company's leadership and find out about market trends, latest research findings and industry directions.
Location & Venue
The Paediatric Disease Working Party Educational Course will take place at Thon-Dittmer-Palais in Regensburg combined with the Kaisersaal for nurses meeting.
Located on the Danube River, the Old Town of Regensburg with Stadtamhof is an exceptional example of a central-European medieval trading centre, which illustrates an interchange of cultural and architectural influences. A notable number of buildings of outstanding quality testify to its political, religious, and economic significance from the 9th century.
Guests never cease to be enchanted by the Palais’ Italian feel. Thanks to its size, the harmonious, self-contained nature of the complex, and its central location at Haidplatz, the Thon-Dittmer-Palais is ideal for small and major events alike.
How to get to the Venue?
The city lies at the junction of the major motorways A 3 (Frankurt - Vienna) and A 93 (Munich-Weiden) and it is also accessible by many convenient trains.
Nearest airports: Munich (about 55 miles) and Nuremberg (about 70 miles).
- From Munich International Airport:
- By taxi: Taking a taxi to and from Munich Airport is quick and easy. It will take around 1h and 15 minutes to the venue. Estimate cost: 230Eur per one way.
- By Train:The fastest way to reach Regensburg is by train. Every hour there is a direct train from the airport to Regensburg central station. There are only 14 minutes walking to the venue. You can check the prices, schedules and combinations here. Estimate cost: 27Eur per one way.
- By Bus: There is an alternative travelling by bus: Leo Express. 1 and 15 minutes trip to the Main bus station. You should walk for 13 – 15 minutes to get the venue. Estimate cost: 25Eur per one way.
- By Car: Follow A9 and A93 to Dr.-Gessler-Straße in Regensburg. Take exit 42-Regensburg-Königswiesen from A93. Estimate time 1 and 15 minutes.
- From Nuremberg International Airport:
- By taxi: Taking a taxi to and from Nuremberg Airport is quick and easy. It will take around 1h and 15 minutes to the venue. Estimate cost: 230Eur per one way.
- By Bus: From the airport take the underground to Nuremberg central station. Change to a direct train to Regensburg. https://www.bahn.com/en/view/index.shtml. 1h 45 minutes. Estimate cost: 25Eur per one way.
- By Car: Get on A3 in Erlenstegener Forst from Marienbergstraße, Bierweg and Äußere Bayreuther Str./B2. Follow A3 to Prüfeninger Str. in Regensburg. Take exit 41-Regensburg-Prüfening from A93. Continue on Prüfeninger Str.. Drive to Baumhackergasse1h 15 minutes
Please click the document above to download the Scientific Programme.
The registration fee is 200€ for Physicians (early bird 150€) and 50€ for Students, nurses, dieticians and psychologists (accreditation needed).
Registration fee includes all sessions, access to the online content, catering during the course and a networking dinner on 16th May.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early bird fee available until 7th April 2019.
Accommodation & Travel
Participants will be responsible for covering their costs of travel and accommodation. While attending the course, coffee breaks, lunches and attendance to the social dinner will be provided and included in the registration price.
If you would like to arrange your accommodation close to the meeting venue see the map below with some hotels in the area.
EBMT cannot accept liability for personal accidents or loss of or damage to private property of participants. Participants are advised to take out their own personal travel and health insurance for their trip.
We are pleased to announce that this educational course will be accredited by the EBAH-CME credits system.
In order to collect your EBAH-CME credits, we recommend you to create a EBAH-CME account by clicking on the following link(*). By registering to the EBAH-CME website, you'll have access to the record of other events you have already been accredited for. After the meeting, an updated attendance list will be uploaded to the EBAH.CME website.
If you already have an account, you will receive an email to evaluate the course and claim your points. If after 15 days you have not received an email regarding your credits, please contact the EBMT Education Department at email@example.com