EBMT Committees Vacancies
Working Party Nurse
Exciting opportunities have arisen to join EBMT as a working party (WP) nurse. Positions are available within the following Working Parties:
- Inborn Errors WP
- Acute Leukaemia WP
- Autoimmune Diseases WP
- Infectious Disease WP
- Transplant Complications WP
- Lymphoma WP
- Paediatric Disease WP
The appointment is based on a 3-year Term and can be a maximum of 2 terms i.e. 6 years.
The purpose of the working party nurse is to promote and manage nursing research activity and education under the support and guidance of the research and scientific committees.
Applicants must be EBMT members and a practicing Registered Nurse with experience of performing research and educational initiatives in order to lead projects and advise / support EBMT nurse members. There is a requirement to speak, read and write English with sufficient fluency to be able to communicate effectively. Access to email and phone is mandatory. Potential candidates should be working currently within the field of Haematology and Stem Cell Transplant.
For further information, please see below role descriptions and requirements.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to join our dynamic team, please send a copy of your CV and a statement of support outlining your relevant experience working in the field of Haematology and HSCT, together with your research experience and interests and why you wish to be considered for this role to:
Daphna Hutt, EBMT Nurses Group Secretary: Daphna.Hutt@sheba.health.gov.il
DEADLINE for applications is Wednesday April 8th 2020 midday.
The post holder will manage the nursing research activity under the supervision of the Research Committee (RC), and nursing education activity under the supervision of the Scientific Committee (SC) within the Working Party (WP). As such they will be expected to contribute to the research and education agenda of the EBMT NG RC, SC and Working Party. The post holder will offer support and guidance in the development of research studies and educational initiatives, promoting opportunities for nursing research within the Working Party.
EBMT NG RC, EBMT NG SC, WP Chairperson
- To promote nursing research strategy and awareness within the WP
- To carry out research adding to the body of knowledge in appropriate areas and make a contribution to the strategic development within both the EBMT NG RC and WP
- To support research and collaborative partnerships.
- To support dissemination of research findings through publication writing, teaching, and presentations at conferences where appropriate
- To contribute to research within both the EBMT NG RC and WP, collaborating in the development of joint proposals and project work
- To promote nurses as investigators within research
- To assist in the development and delivery of educational initiatives promoting nursing issues, in line with the EBMT NG and WP
- Any other appropriate duties as determined by the EBMT NG RC and SC
The post holder would be expected to present any relevant nursing studies to the WP for possible collaboration, and be involved in at least one WP research project, and / or be actively involved in the development and delivery of education project(s) agreed by the WP
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an individual who has been awarded the role of Nurse Member are outlined below:
- To act as a link between the EBMT NG RC, SC and WP, leading on nurse involvement within research studies and for educational initiatives agreed within the WP
- To produce and submit to the EBMT NG RC, SC, EBMT NG Board and WP, an annual report of activities undertaken (including research and educational activities)
- To produce and submit a summary of the WP Meeting and communications to the EBMT NG RC and SC.
- To facilitate communication and update the EBMT NG RC on new studies within the WP for potential nursing collaboration
- Co-operation with other colleagues both internally and externally to the EMBT NG RC, SC and WP
- Active participation in high quality research
- Assisting other colleagues in the WP to develop their research from a nursing perspective as appropriate
- Demonstrate an active role within the WP, working as an ambassador for the EBMT NG, RC and SC according to the Terms of Reference.
- The post holder will be required to attend a minimum of 3 meetings annually
- the EBMT Annual Meeting (and WP Nurse meeting with RC & SC), which will be funded by EBMT / EBMT NG
- the WP Meeting (funding should be requested and agreed with the WP Chair)
- the Nursing Research Day (and WP Nurse meeting with RC & SC), which will be funded by EBMT NG
- The post holder will be required to attend a minimum of one WP Educational Event
- The appointment is based on a 3 year Term of Office, with potential for re-nomination for a maximum of 2 terms, i.e. 6 years.
Person specification Essential
- Practicing Registered Nurse
- Time management skills; work independently, effective prioritization, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Evidence of multidisciplinary collaboration
- Excellent team player
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills (including English Language)
Person specification Preferred
- Previous experience of; involvement in and/or development of, research protocols
- Previous experience of; involvement in and/or development of, educational initiatives
- Preferably educated to a minimum of Masters Level or currently undertaking Masters Level Study
EBMT Staff Vacancies
Biostatistician (Paris office)
Location: EBMT Data Office in Paris
Accountable to: Functionally to the Working Party chairs / Hierarchically to Statistical Unit Manager
Number of positions reporting to: none
Full time/part time: Full time
OBJECTIVE OF THE POST
The Biostatistician is in charge of providing statistical advice, analysis, programming and communication support for studies from specific working parties in collaboration with all other EBMT statisticians.
Duties and responsibilities might change and develop and, according to EBMT needs, the biostatistician might work on studies for other working parties than those for which he/she was appointed in the first place.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS
The main responsibilities are:
- Within the working party, he/she will provide statistical support in the areas of
- Study design
- feasibility evaluation
- analysis planning
- protocol/synopsis writing
- questionnaires' elaboration (together with principal investigator and study coordinator)
- statistical analysis programming
- He/she will also be required to help in
- interpretation of the results
- writing the results and statistical methods for abstract and publication
- presentation of results in scientific congresses
- This job will also require interaction with data management staff in design and quality checking of study databases
- He/ she will be required to develop tools for implementing new statistical methods using commercial and open source statistical software (SPSS, R)
- He/ she will be required to attend statistical committee (meetings, education, workshops, etc…).
- He/ she will be required to participate in scientific and educational events (statistical courses, workshop, and statistical symposium of the congress) either teaching, presenting methodology/results or only helping with organization.
- The job requires keeping up to date on literature regarding survival analysis and other relevant statistical methodology.
- The job requires occasional help for general EBMT matter in which statistical expertise is needed (database, software, accreditation, etc).
- Responsible of the statistical analyses for the WP
|Post graduate in Biostatistics or Statistics(bac + 4)||X|
|1– 2 years’ experience in a similar role||X|
|Experienced user of R||X|
|User of SPSS||X|
|Experience of working independently and reporting to various audiences||X|
|Good written and oral communication skills in English||X|
|Soft Skills and Abilities|
|Ability to communicate effectively with people in a multicultural / multilingual environment||X|
|Focus on costumers´ needs (WP or pharma)||X|
|Team player with excellent interpersonal skills||X|
|Work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines||X|
|Willingness to travel to national and international venues to participate in meetings||X|
|Willingness to work a flexible schedule.||X|
- Based in the EBMT office in Paris (Hôpital Saint Antoine).
- Some foreign travel (approx. 10 days/year Europe)
- Full time position
- Temporary 1 year contract (CDD) that may be extended to a permanent position
- Annually gross salary:40.000 – 42.000 € depending on the profile
If you are interested please send your CV and motivation letter to Ariane Boumendil at email@example.com before 6th March.