Official EBMT communication: COVID-19 and EBMT Annual Meeting - 04/03/2020
Since our communication of 28 February 2020, the situation of COVID-19 has been rapidly evolving. The number of infections has increased substantially in numerous countries worldwide, leading to further restrictions regarding the hosting of events and congresses by governments and health authorities.
On 3 March 2020, the Spanish Minister of Health released an official statement suspending all congresses, conferences and seminars in Spain involving healthcare professionals. In accordance with this decision and the guidance provided by the health authorities, EBMT has postponed its 46th Annual Meeting from 22 March to 25 March 2020 to 30 August to 2 September 2020. The postponed conference shall take place at the same venue, IFEMA, in Madrid, Spain.
In order to minimize inconvenience and in anticipation of your questions we have provided some information below to assist you.
- If you have already registered for the Annual Meeting, your registration has been automatically maintained for the new dates, with the same conditions. For any questions regarding your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have already made your hotel booking with EBMT, and if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- For your travel arrangements, EBMT recommends that you contact your travel agency or flight company as soon as possible to modify your booking.
EBMT would like to thank all of our members and supporters for their cooperation and understanding during this time. Despite this difficult situation, we appreciate your support and are working hard to ensure the postponed edition of the 46th Annual Meeting of EBMT is a success.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Madrid from 30 August to 2 September, 2020.
On behalf of the EBMT Board,
Nicolaus Kröger, EBMT President
Rafael Duarte, EBMT Secretary and EBMT 2020 Congress President
Harry Dolstra, EBMT Treasurer
Andreu Gusi, EBMT Executive Director
I will not be able to attend the congress on the new dates; can I be reimbursed?
- Yes, refunds (less €50 Euro for taxes and administrative expenses) will be granted to those delegates unable to attend if written notification of cancellation is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 3rd, 2020.
- Please note that due to the high volume of inquires it may take up to 60 days to process your refund. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this time.
- After April 3rd the cancelation policy is as follows:
- Postmarked from April 4, 2020 - 50% refundable minus transaction fees.
- No refund on cancellations after August 4, 2020.
- Refunds for cancelations made after April 4th will be processed in September 2020 following the completion of the EBMT Annual Meeting.
What should I do with my travel and hotel booking?
- If your hotel booking were arranged by our Secretariat, we will reschedule for free all your bookings. The Organizing secretariat will get in touch with you within a few weeks to confirm your new arrival and departure dates.
- If you managed your travel and hotel arrangements personally, please get in touch with the travel airline/train company and hotel to reschedule your booking.
- If you booked travel and hotel through a travel agency you must refer to the agency directly. The COVID-19 is the reason for these dates moving and should be accepted as good reason by all suppliers.
Hotel, airline company or travel agency did not accept to reschedule or reimburse my booking for free, will the congress reimburse me?
The EBMT is not responsible for financial engagements taken by third parties. The Spanish Minister of Health released an official statement suspending all congresses, conferences and seminars in Spain involving healthcare professionals hence the decision was not made by the EBMT.
I cancelled my registration, but I will be able to attend on the new dates, what should I do?
If you already received the reimbursement of your registration fee, please make a new registration. If you received a confirmation of your cancellation but have not yet received reimbursement, please let us know.
I am part of a group registration made by a participating industry partner; do I need to do anything?
No, group registrations will be shifted to the new Annual Meeting dates. Confirmation of the updated booking will be sent to you. Group representatives are welcome to reach out for any specific questions or if changes are required.