EBMT Exam 2021
The EBMT Exam will take place on 14 March, 2021, in Madrid, Spain.
**The 2020 Exam was postponed until 2021 -- if you were registered for the 2020 Exam, your registration has automatically been carried over to the 2021 date.
About the Exam
The EBMT Exam has the aim to provide a personal qualification for physicians to assess their knowledge on the clinical aspects of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) and Cellular Therapies.
Successful candidates will be certified for five years. After five years, the certification can be continuously prolonged/renewed by earning CME credit points on the EBMT E-learning platform (coming soon) or by taking the Exam another time.
The required knowledge to pass the exam is listed in the table of contents of the EBMT Handbook with additional questions about CAR T cells. All questions on the Exam will be based on the content of the Handbook, along with the following resources pertaining to CAR T cells:
- Chabannon C, Kuball J, Bondanza A, et al. Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in its 60s: A platform for cellular therapies. Sci Transl Med. 2018 Apr 11;10(436).
- Kansagra AJ, Frey NV, Bar M, Laetsch TW, et al. Clinical utilization of Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-cells (CAR-T) in B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)-an expert opinion from the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT). Bone Marrow Transplant. 2019 May 15.
- Mohty M, et al. CD19 chimeric antigen receptor-T cells in B-cell leukemia and lymphoma: current status and perspectives. Leukemia, in press.
- Rubin DB, Husain H. Danish HH, et al. Neurological toxicities associated with chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy. Rubin DB et al. Brain, 2019: 142; 1334–1348.
- Yakoub-Agha, et al. Management of Adults and Children undergoing CAR T‐cell therapy: Best Practice Recommendations of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the Joint Accreditation Committee of ISCT and EBMT (JACIE). Haematologica, in press.
Physicians working in a hematopoietic stem cell transplantation department or unit.
The applicant must be an EBMT member
The applicant must work in a center member of EBMT.
The attendee must have a degree in medicine and a certification in either haematology, paediatrics, immunology or medical oncology according to the national rules. If there is no specific certification, the attendee should provide a legal national document which allows her/him to practice haematology / paediatrics / oncology.
During the EBMT Annual Meeting in Madrid on Sunday 14th of March, 2021 from 9:00 to 12:00 am.
In a dedicated room at the Annual Meeting venue IFEMA, Feria de Madrid:
Avda. del Partenón, 5
28042 Madrid, Spain
- Apply via the online registration form. If you were already registered to the 2020 edition, your registration will automatically be carried over to 2021.
- Number of attendees: 100
- Priority criteria: Order of inscription. 10 applicants can be held on the waiting list, in the case of cancelations or no-shows
- Price of the exam:
- 100 € (if registered for the Annual Meeting)
- 250€ (if not registered to the Annual Meeting)
Characteristics of the onsite exam
- EBMT will provide tablets for the participants to do the Exam. Participants will not be able to use any external resources
- Duration: 3 hours
- 100 multiple choice questions with four possible answers, only one can be correct
- 60% of the questions must be answered correctly in order to pass the Exam