About the Exam
The EBMT Exam has the aim to provide a personal qualification for physicians to assess their knowledge on the clinical aspects of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) and Cellular Therapies.
Successful candidates will be certified for five years. After five years, the certification can be continuously prolonged/renewed by earning CME credit points on the EBMT E-learning platform (coming soon) or by taking the Exam another time.
The required knowledge to pass the exam is listed in the table of contents of the EBMT Handbook with additional questions about CAR T cells. All questions on the Exam will be based on the content of the Handbook, along with the following resources pertaining to CAR T cells:
- Chabannon C, Kuball J, Bondanza A, et al. Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in its 60s: A platform for cellular therapies. Sci Transl Med. 2018 Apr 11;10(436).
- Kansagra AJ, Frey NV, Bar M, Laetsch TW, et al. Clinical utilization of Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-cells (CAR-T) in B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)-an expert opinion from the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT). Bone Marrow Transplant. 2019 May 15.
- Mohty M, et al. CD19 chimeric antigen receptor-T cells in B-cell leukemia and lymphoma: current status and perspectives. Leukemia, in press.
- Rubin DB, Husain H. Danish HH, et al. Neurological toxicities associated with chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy. Rubin DB et al. Brain, 2019: 142; 1334–1348.
- Yakoub-Agha, et al. Management of Adults and Children undergoing CAR T‐cell therapy: Best Practice Recommendations of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the Joint Accreditation Committee of ISCT and EBMT (JACIE). Haematologica, in press.
Physicians working in a hematopoietic stem cell transplantation department or unit.
The applicant must be an EBMT member
The applicant must work in a center member of EBMT.
The applicant must have a degree in medicine and a certification in either haematology, paediatrics, immunology or medical oncology according to the national rules. If there is no specific certification, the attendee should provide a legal national document which allows her/him to practice haematology / paediatrics / oncology.
During the EBMT Hybrid Annual Meeting on Sunday 20th of March, 2022 from 9:00 to 11:30 am.
This year, due to the COVID-19 situation EBMT offers two options to participants:
- Hybrid Annual Meeting: EBMT will provide a room with wi-fi connection to Annual Meeting attendees interested in taking the Exam, the space is limited (the limit is to be confirmed). Please, indicate in the registration if you want to take the Exam in Prague venue. Participants will need to bring their own laptops.
- Registration for the Exam will close on Sunday, 13 March 2022 at 23:59 CET.
- There will be no limit on the number of applicants accepted to sit the exam virtually. However, EBMT offers limited place to take the Exam in Prague venue (to be confirmed).
- Price of the exam:
- 100 € (if registered for the Hybrid Annual Meeting - in person or virtual)
- 250€ (if not registered for the Hybrid Annual Meeting)
Characteristics of the exam
- EBMT will provide login access to the EBMT e-learning platform for the participants to do the online Exam one week in advance. Participants will not be able to use any external resources.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- 100 multiple choice questions with four possible answers, only one can be correct
- 60% of the questions must be answered correctly in order to pass the Exam
- The Exam grades will be informed two weeks after the event by email to every participant.